BACKEND DEVELOPER (PHP) | free working hours ★ fully remote ★ international team ★ full time
Is your professional goal to develop high-quality, accessible applications? Do you want to work with open-minded people in a friendly environment? Then you might want to continue reading :)
In Creative Handles, we develop great apps and software. Our goal is to work with world-wide companies and also create our own world-wide software product. We already have a share in a few companies.
Our vision is to build a world-class technology company that positively influences billions of people. We are at the starting point and you should help us to deliver the desired quality for our projects or projects of our clients.
At this moment we are 9 people in 4 different time zones. By the end of the year 2021, we plan to have 18 members on board. The company language is English.
- Openness and communication
- Striving for excellence
- 1 for all, all for 1
What will you do?
You will work mainly with API development, PHP package development and mostly backend related work in various web apps or web development projects for our clients. Based on your experiences, preferences, and skills you will join the rest of the team to help with frontend development
- Laravel, Symfony
- Git + Bitbucket
- Active Collab for project management
Why should you apply?
- Amazing company culture
- You can say your opinion loudly to everyone in the company, including the owners of the company.
- All people are trying to get better and improve their skills.
- Friendly and open-minded environment.
- Great learning opportunities
- You can learn from others at dev meetings, attending tech presentations made by your colleagues or by directly asking anyone.
- You can learn by yourself for example by attending courses that will be paid by the company. Or do you want to research something and show it to your colleagues or write an article on our blog? Awesome! We’ll give you the resources you need.
- Working in an international team with various cultures
- Czechia, Russia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Philippines… it’s amazing what you can learn from people coming from totally different cultures.
- You can grow based on your skills and results, there are no limitations
- From your position, you have a chance to become team leader, project leader, or event CTO if that’s the path you want to choose.
Why shouldn’t you apply?
- If you don’t identify with our company values
- That’s totally ok, not everyone is headed in the same direction, but it’s better to find out sooner than later.
- If you‘re not ok with working remotely.
- It’s a whole different type of work and also it requires great communication skills and a huge sense of responsibility mostly towards your colleagues.
- If you prefer only receiving and finishing tasks as your only work responsibility.
- For our common growth, it’s important that you challenge the way we do stuff, come with new ideas and try to improve the company as a whole.
- Good understanding of PHP
- Fluency in OOP
- Experience with MVC
- Experience in working with Laravel or similar framework
- Experience in MySQL
- Fluent English
Skills we will appreciate (not required):
- PHP package development
- Experience with GitLab or Bitbucket
- Experience with Project management tool for remote work
- Experience with PHP Storm
- Experience with setting up servers
- High sense of responsibility
- Not afraid to talk with people
- Eager to learn
- Focused on users
- Not afraid to speak up
- Team player
- Long term projects oriented
Send your CV to our HR manager Pavla Trávníčková to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will guide you to through the application process. After that, you’ll have a nerdy talk with our CTO and if everything goes smoothly, you’ll discuss a job offer with our CEO.
What if I do not have all the necessary skills yet?
- This is a senior position so you have to have some experience in the field. But your personal characteristics and the ability to learn are more important for us than knowing specific frameworks.
Do I have time to educate myself?
- Of course! Constant learning is the most important part of our jobs and is always encouraged. You can learn with your colleagues during knowledge-sharing workshops or on your own by attending courses or talks. Most of them can be paid by us.
How will we communicate?
- For communication, we use Slack, Active Collab, and if necessary WhatsApp or Viber. We also have regular, usually not very serious company meetings on Google Meet.
What if I don’t have any tasks at a time? Will I get paid less?
- No, this is a full-time job. You will always have some term tasks like improving our code standard, refactoring, or writing articles. We’ll discuss what is your passion and how it can be used for our long-term goals.
Won’t I get lost often since the company is fully remote and I can’t ask for help in person?
- Don’t worry, your colleagues will help you set up your working environment and guide you through our development process. We try to keep our internal wiki with tutorials and guidelines updated. Also, you’ll get a “big buddy” assigned to you who will help you with any troubles in your work and if requested, in your personal life as well.
How to apply for this position?
Send your CV to email@example.com and we'll talk to each other at a meeting. :-)
Chief Technology Officer
Vojtěch is an IT mentor and a highly skilled web engineer with business thinking. He is a senior React.js developer and has overall more than 11 years of programming experience. Vojtěch’s vision is to build world-class quality products for Creative Handles and our partners. Do you want a great app? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.